In the event of a bomb threat:
- Do not hang up the phone – the telephone company may be able to trace the call even if the other party hangs up.
- Record all information about the threat on the chart below.
- Report the incident to Property Management without delay; they may then follow the 9-1-1 Protocol.
- Do not discuss with others as unwarranted panic may result.
- Do not touch any suspicious objects.
Identifying Characteristics to Remember:
- Estimated age
- Accent (English, Spanish, etc.)
- Voice (loud, soft, etc.
- Diction (good, nasal, lisp, etc.)
- Manner (calm, emotional, vulgar, etc.)
- Background noises
- Voice was familiar
- Caller was familiar with area
Ask these Questions and Record the Answers:
- What time will the bomb explode?
- Where is it?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- What does it look like?
- Where are you calling from?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- What is your name?
Suspicious Package Procedures
In the event that a suspicious package is discovered:
DO NOT open or touch the suspicious package. If you have opened or touched the package already, avoid touching anything else, especially your face. WASH your hands with soap and water immediately.
Notify Property Management without delay; they may then follow the 9-1-1 Protocol.
Ensure that all nonessential people are kept at a safe distance from the suspicious package. Await instructions from Emergency Personnel.
Explosion / Aircraft Impact Procedures
In the event of an explosion or aircraft impact:
- Activate the red alarm pull station and follow the 9-1-1 Protocol.
- Be prepared for possible recurring or additional explosions.
- Protect yourself from possible hazards. Wait for further instructions from a supervi-sor, Tenant Emergency Contact, or Emergency Responders.
- Help any injured persons if possible. Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious and immediate danger from such threats as fire.
- Open doors carefully, feeling the door for heat first. Watch for falling objects.
- If relocation or evacuation is ordered, follow instructions and go to the area di-rected. Use exits or exit stairwells only. Do not use the elevators.
- Do not use matches, lighters or any other sort of open flame.
- Avoid using the telephones other than to notify the proper authorities.